If you are a subscriber of national pension scheme, this is a very useful information for you. Learn how to seed your NPS account with UID. Seeding aadhar card with a host of other documents and accounts can be very beneficial. Government has facilitated linking of aadhar card with other documents and facilities to give a boost to the aadhar card. We have shown here how to link your NOS account with your UID number. Users can now subscriber for NPS account online through e-nps system. The online facility of joining NPS was introduced in August 2015. Each NPS member is issued a unique PRAN number. PRAN account number is a permanent retirement account number with lifetime validity.
How to Open NPS Account using Aadhar Card
Users can now also open an NPS account using the aadhar card. Just link your aadhar card with NPS and open and account online.
1. Open the website of e-nps at enps.nsdl.com.
2. Click the option of registration.
3. Enter all the details of your aadhar card number.
4. You will get an OTP on your mobile number which is registered with UIDAI.
5. All your personal details and photograph will be fetched from your aadar card.
6. If you wish you can upload a new photo instead of using the photo of aadhar
7. Upload your signature and get directed to a payment gateway page.
8. You have to make the minimum payment of Rs. 500 to open your NPS account.
9. Use credit card or debit card or net banking to make online payment.
10. After the successful payment, a PRAN number will be generated.
Take a print out of this form and sign it. Paste your photo and send it to the CRA within 6 months from the date of generate of PRAN. Otherwise your PRAN will be inactivated temporarily. You can also see new EPF rules at our portal.
Keep following us for latest updates on EPF and NPS schemes. Opening NPS account is now very simple. Any citizen aged between 18 years to 60 years can open an NPS account. You can subscribe for NPS even if you are member of any other retirement saving scheme.