Submit your Online Passport Application on official portal with complete guidelines. Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India allows submission of passport applications online. The procedure is bit lengthy and users might get confused. Our instructional post on passport online application will surely be your mentor. Applicants looking to file for their first time passport can follow our post to carry out the procedures. Passport is a basic document for proof of citizenship. Being little cautious about filling up form will save up your time and hassles. We recommend users to go through the procedural requirement how to renew passport before they begin to apply. In case of any query and confusion, you can contact us and leave your message.
Besides online application, hosts of other facilities are available at the passport seva portal. Our site offers updates on such facilities to make citizens aware. You can refer our site for tracking status and downloading application form too. All sorts of useful information on Pan Card and Passport are right here at your finger’s click. Applicants can apply and submit it online only. No hard copy of the application is required at the passport office.
How to Apply for Passport Online
Start your passport application procedure by following below steps. The procedure includes your registration, form submission, online payment and appointment booking at the official website.
Registration at passportindia.gov.in
- Go to Passport Seva Portal.
- Follow the option of New User? Register Now.
- Fill up the form for registering yourself at the portal.
- Remember your login id and password.
- You will be using this id and password for further procedure.
How to Submit Passport Application
- Return at the homepage of passport seva portal by using the link shared in earlier step.
- Follow the option of Existing User.
- Application form will appear at the screen. Fill up the form completely and click on Submit or Save option.
- You can view your submitted or saved application. Follow the next radio button saying Pay and Schedule Appointment for next step.
Payment of Online Passport Application Fees and Appointment Booking
- Once you submit your online passport application, you will reach the page where you can follow the option of Pay and Schedule Appointment.
- Follow it for payment of application fees and getting appointment with your nearest RPO or PSK.
- After completing the online payment procedures, select the nearest PSK from the list of PSKs.
- Select the date and time of appointment.
- Do take out the print of the payment receipt.
- Applicants should carry the payment receipt copy at the time of appointment
Visit the PSK office at the booked time and date with necessary proofs of identity and residence. Besides the basic documents required for passport, you may carry additional documents to avoid any delay. Your successful visit and submission of documents completes online passport application. If you wish to obtain passport within 2-3 days, apply for it under Tatkal scheme by paying additional fees.
Once you submit your application, you track status of your application after 5 working days. How to download online passport application procedure is made faster with online appointment booking. The facility allows applicant to visit the office just at the scheduled date and time. The online status of passport also enables you to know the reason of any delay in issue of your passport. We have also updated on how to check your passport application status online. Following the above guidelines and links shared in this post, it would be easier for applicants to apply for re-issue of passport too. Also check online PAN card application process at our site if you are looking to apply for PAN card.